Private Instruction (Currently Virtual):
I am currently available for virtual private instruction on Zoom, either on a regular basis or as a single session, on a sliding scale.
Most of my teaching is based in ashtanga, which is what I practice, but I am also able to draw from other traditions with which I have experience, including vinyasa, restorative, and bhakti yoga. In private sessions, I can help you:
- Learn the ashtanga sequence so that you can develop a home practice (at least 2-3 sessions a week recommended initially)
- Deepen your existing yoga practice or help you develop certain areas of your practice
- Identify ways you can modify your practice during pregnancy or postpartum healing if you already have an established ashtanga practice
- Develop a gentle prenatal practice support you during pregnancy if you do not yet have an ashtanga practice
- Develop a breathwork, kriya, chanting, and/or meditation practice
- Practice yoga therapeutically, to cultivate greater physical and emotional well-being
- Learn about the yogic lifestyle and identify ways you can practice yoga off the mat, and so experience greater peace, joy, and serenity in your daily life
I am able to work with adults as well as children, and am also happy to teach parents and children together.
What to Expect:
I teach traditionally, adapting the practice to the student. People have described my teaching style as patient, kind, calm, thoughtful, and informative. When teaching in person, I give gentle hands-on adjustments to help students find stability and ease in the postures and to encourage the free flow of breath and energy. Main emphases in my asana teaching include the coordination of movement and breath, the engagement of bandhas, and finding balance between engagement and relaxation.
I have been practicing ashtanga yoga very consistently since 2013, including maintaining a daily ashtanga practice throughout my pregnancy. I learned the practice from my teacher, Alex Schatzberg of New Vibe Yoga.
I have also studied ashtanga yoga philosophy with Guy Donahaye and taken various workshops on Yoga and Ayurveda with Christine Hoar. I began teaching yoga in 2017, under the mentorship of Alex Schatzberg, and I completed a primary series adjustment training with Nancy Gilgoff in 2018. I have a practice of chanting and playing harmonium, am familiar with kriyas and basic breath work, and I study yoga philosophy. The most important aspect of my yoga practice, though, is practicing the yamas and niyamas- the yogic guidelines for living- and endeavoring to live in harmony with the natural world.
I completed a 200-hour vinyasa teacher training in 2013 with Mel Russo and Patricia Milder and a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified ashtanga teacher training in 2019 with Alex Schatzberg. I now co-lead the 200-hour teacher training at New Vibe Yoga. I am registered with the Yoga Alliance.
Please enjoy a few recorded classes on @deeprootednyc IGTV.